I feel guilt for the ways in which I did not help her over the years.
I tried to put the Christian nativity scene and angel ornaments on prominent branches. I thought carefully about which ornaments she liked or held special meaning to her.
The lights are not placed as well as she placed the strands in years past. I swapped a bulb for another color but there are more colors too close together. How much is clinging to the look of things when mom did it all, and how much is wanting to do it right now?
I stopped and thought, "I hope she can see this."
Dad was so happy with the tree.
This morning, when Brooks and I walked by this winter kale growing as wildly as domesticated garden kale can, I remembered we all forgot to buy winter cabbage for the two front planters. I will have to remember Wednesday to yank the dead summer plants.
Monday, December 21, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment